Jacob Jay Miller
Jacob Jay Miller was born on March 20, 1827 and died on February 5, 1898 in Delaware County, NY. He is buried at the New Ohio Cemetery, Tunnel, Broome County, NY.
Jacob married Pollie Melissa Carnegie (daughter of Norris Carnegie and Caroline [unknown]) on October 5, 1856 in NY. Jacob served in the Civil War. His Civil War record indicates he enlisted at Colesville, NY on August 31, 1864 at the age of 37. He went into the service at the Rank of Private for Company M. He had no prior service and did not list his residence.
Pollie was born on May 26, 1838 in New Salem, York County, Pennsylvania and died on May 11, 1894 at Tunnel, Broome County, NY. She is buried at the New Ohio Cemetery, Tunnel, Broome County, NY.
Jacob and Pollie are listed on following U.S. Federal Census of Colesville, Broome
County, NY: 1860, 1870 and 1880
They are also listed on the following New York State Census of Colesville, Broome County, NY: 1875 and 1892
- (M) Leroy Earl Miller was born on September 17, 1857 and died on July 4, 1882. Leroy Earl is buried at the New Ohio Cemetery, Tunnel, Broome County, NY.
- (F) Jennie Maria Miller was born on December 22, 1859 and died on January 10, 1860. She is buried at the New Ohio Cemetery, Tunnel, Broome County, NY.
- (M) Charles Manuel Miller was born on December 14, 1863 and died about 1932 in Portsmouth, VA.
- (M) Albert Harvy Miller was born on July 27, 1867 and died September 7, 1948 at Hammond, Lake County, IN.
- (M) Norris Joseph Miller was born on June 22, 1870 and died on May 20, 1916 at Kankakee, Kankakee County, IL.
- (M) Norman Ward Miller was born on July 27, 1874 and died on March 4, 1941 in Delaware County, NY.
- (M) Earl Wiley Miller was born about November 1879 and died at the age of 4 months on February 20, 1880. (adopted son)
- (M) Samuel Cornelius Miller was born on September 28, 1880 and died [date unknown].
Notice from death index, Junction City Kansas:
Wylie, Mrs. George A. died Jan. 6, 1880 at Junction City, Kansas of typhoid fever, daughter of Norris Carnegie of NY, married two years and left a husband and twin babies.
Mrs. George A Wylie is Emma Carnegie, Pollie's sister. Earl Wiley died one month after Emma's death. We have no other information on the twin of Earl Wiley, or the father George A. Wylie.